The Sisters of Divine Providence of the Marie de la Roche believe that all life is sacred and have made a Corporate Commitment to promote a Consistent Ethic of Life.
The mission of the Social Justice department is to build on the legacy our founders, Bishop Wilhelm Emmanuel von Ketteler and Mother Marie de la Roche, by challenging Sisters and Associates to live and work for justice and peace.
The Social Justice department works to:
- Implement the justice ministry as set forth at the General & Provincial Chapters.
- Educate Sisters and Associates on consistent life issues of current significance, especially the Corporate Stance on Human Trafficking.
- Encourage advocacy on current issues through action, i.e., emails, letter-writing campaigns, phone calls, visits to government offices to advocate on social issues.
- Promote practical action.
- Provide monthly Peace & Justice Prayer Calendar.
The award, named for Wilhelm Emmanuel von Ketteler, Bishop of Mainz, Germany, and co-founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of Divine Providence, is presented annually.
A collection of Social Justice resources.